Vision - To see healthy growing churches as the center of their communities
Mission - Connecting Churches to their Communities
- (Romans 8:32 NLT) “Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else?”
- We recognize that God gave us everything and we live surrendered to Him.
- (John 13:34 NLT) “So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other.”
- As Christians we are called to love others like Jesus loves us; there is no “but” in this command. Loving others despite anything is our call and what we aim to do in public and in private.
- (Proverbs 24:16 NLT) “The godly may trip seven times, but they will get up again. But one disaster is enough to overthrow the wicked.”
- We recognize that as Christians we will fall short but there is grace for others and ourselves. Through the power of the Holy Spirit we give grace and continue to take steps forward in all situations.
- (1 Peter 4:10 NIV) “Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.”
- We recognize the giftings in those around us and give them opportunities to practice them for God’s glory.
- (John 16:33 Amplified Bible) “ I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have perfect peace. In the world you have tribulation and distress and suffering, but be courageous, be confident, be undaunted, be filled with joy; I have overcome the world.”
- We live rejoicing over the fact that we ALREADY have victory through Christ. In all things we rejoice!
- (Hebrews 4:9-10 ESV) “So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, for whoever has entered God’s rest has also rested from his works as God did from his.”
- We strive to serve God not only through our works but also through our rest. In our rest we honor God by showing that it is by His strength and not ours.
- (Hebrews 10:24-25 NLT) “Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.”
- We have genuine relationships that are bigger than an organization. In all types of situations we love well and encourage one another through consistently pointing to the truths of God’s word.
Impact helps churches connect to their communities through one day outreach events and our Summer Tour.
One Day Events:
We travel to the church and help put on a carnival type outreach with the help of other volunteers at the church. Impact brings concessions such as: Cotton candy, snow-cone, popcorn, and candy apple machine. We also will bring inflatable bounce houses and a bungee run.
We train interns and spend several weeks in the summer traveling around to different churches putting on one day outreaches, Vacation Bible Schools, doing community service and anything else that will help to reach new areas of their communities. Churches who hire Impact for multiple days will also have the opportunity to allow their youth students to join the Impact team. Students will stay with the interns while the team is at their church and they will learn how to communicate their testimonies clearly, serve the church well, and learn about what it means to be a follower of Jesus in a hands on setting.
Potential Summer Internship
- Interns will begin their time with Impact during an initial 4 days of training before they go on the road to different churches. Each day will have devotional time and a lesson about how the Bible really calls us to live as Christians and why it is important in the world today. During this internship, it is Impacts goal to see interns grow in their faith both in relationship with God and practically understanding why we follow Jesus. Interns will finish the summer being able to clearly communicate their faith and share their testimonies.
- This 4 week experience will involve growing in your faith, sharing Jesus to people in all different areas of life, being a servant, being a leader, building relationships with other Christians your age and traveling the Northeast to help different churches.
- Requirements to apply, at least 16 years old, willing to serve, personal commitment to following Christ, involvement in local church, willing to raise support, able to complete manual labor, commitment to entire tour dates.
Pricing for summer tour (dates available July 4- July 23) (Churches are required to pay for gas and provide food for the team)
- 1 day – $500
- 3 days – $1,400
- 5 days – $2,300
- 7 days – $2,500 (this requires one day off for the interns)
- Price to have church youth students (12-18) join impact for the days at their church
- $75 per student (includes training book and t-shirt)
****Impact monthly donors receive discounted prices